Saturday, May 10, 2008

The end of practicum

Practicum was not easy. We worked in our little room. But now, like what Za said, I will never be able to be around that area without feeling the presence of their presence.

The laughters and tears echo in the corridors and resound in the room. Our mess, our stress, our fears, our bond, the lining that joins us all, have all been etched into the surroundings.

I will traverse the hallways, hearing their voices, hearing laughters, hearing tears, hearing the support, with the weight of the memories tied to my heart, I will gladly bear.

Eating the favourite "kueh-chi" together...where we were allowed to be ourselves and accepted for who we are...

The "lup-kopi" sessions....


In a certain way, we belong to each other.

Who could ever imagine that the end can be so simple and yet so difficult?


The pattering footsteps of Rinchen, the bear dances of a duckie, the robust laughter of Gab, the exasperation that Jojo brings, the many questions of Grace......I will....

My heart will hear everything that my ears does not. My heart will strain to hear them and perhaps when all is quiet, perhaps I would turn and catch a glimpse of a heel disappearing around the corner, hear an echo of a laughter, see the shadow of a dancing bear and I will remember and smile softly to myself.

Memories scent the air. I will step back into time with every crossing of the threshold, the closing of doors.

Halls, classrooms, the parade square...they will never be the same again.

These people..............are worth every tear I shed for the parting. Other than the 8 of us, Dean, Intan, Nurus and John (who is not here)....they have all made a tough experience priceless, so much so that I'm sorry to see them go.

I'm sorry it came to an end.

But, even though I will miss them very much, I know these stars have gone elsewhere to shine and give their light and warmth to those that need them even more than I do.

28/2/08 - 9/5/08

Practicum.
10 weeks of training.
A lifetime of friendship.

Thank you for being there when I needed you.

2 comments:

Earlgreylatte said...

I miss you already ChuChu... and I almost cried while reading your post... I miss all of you guys...

maureenchen said...

aiyo...i almost cried whn i was reading also. Although i'm 10 days late!:S still missing the moments we spent at WWSS!!