Monday, June 23, 2008

Needing more time to myself

It has been a bad way to start the term. The term kicks off with a timetable that puts my heaviest workload on Mondays and Tuesdays coupled with a staff meeting half an hour after my last lesson of the day at 3 a.m.

My voice cracked with dis-use over the holidays, especially when met with a 3 double-period slots. 3 hours. No, I should say my voice cracked several times.

Then it was staff meeting. But at least I could sit down and rest. The worst thing was the car agent wanted to trade the loan car for another car and had bombarded the phone 3 times while I was away at class. I think he also called the mother because the mother SMS-ed me. The handphone died in the midst of my returning that call when I was asked if it was possible to trade the car by 5 p.m.

No-can-do.

Not as if I could tell him that....I tried to switch on the phone to send a last SMS to the mother and the handphone died in the midst of sending, I didn't know if the SMS was sent at all.

Tired.

Totally didn't feel up to going for Nana's competition. Handphone died. No means of contacting them. No prior instructions on where to meet and how to obtain tickets....

Felt totally wasted and knowing that Tuesday is another long day with running 2 k.m, right in the morning doesn't help.

Switched on the handphone to copy the numbers on my palm. Wanted to call Nana to probe how serious it would be if I didn't turn up. She didn't picked up the phone. Called Boss to see if he knew where the competition was going to be. He didn't, except to pick up tickets from someone where the venue wasn't known yet.

Called Bayi to see if she knew the location. She didn't pick up.

Tried Nana again. She didn't pick up.

Tried Boss again. He said he will meet me at the reception where he is to collect the tickets.

Didn't seem like I could back out anymore.

Was so tired it affected my mood. Wasn't happy.

I got lost along the way. Luckily I drove to Bishan and Thompson area once. Figured my way. Traffic was so bad at the turning to Caldecott Hill that I was stuck, half of my car body dangling in the yellow box. There simply wasn't a break and there was no right turn green sign that flashed. I waited for the length of three traffic light cycles and turned at a red light along with another car.

The only good thing was there wasn't any blaring of horns when I was expecting one.

Tired. Moody. Hungry.

But too tired to eat, too moody to be nice. Was irritated and I could hear it in my voice, could feel it emanating from every pore on my body.

I left at 9 p.m, once the competition was done. I didn't think I could survive the results.

Reached home.

The mother said something about the car, asking me to contact the guy tomorrow and tell him the address of the school. I grunted as I made my way to the room. Told her that I will SMS the guy tomorrow, irritation clouding my voice.

Cannot bear noise.

The mother ended up SMS-ing me a reminder.

Need to get this blackish stuff out. But I don't think I can even bear to hear my own voice. So all I can do is write.

Peace, quiet and solitude needed. But my own voice is filled with nothing but irritation and stress.

Feeling better now.

Going to sleep, wake up early to see what little work can be done before I run.

Here's hoping that the timetable changes such that the run with a first period lesson doesn't clash with a 5-classes, 8-periods day and 3 double-periods back-to-back slots.

Well, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays are better with only 2 periods on Fridays.

So much for social stuff...the event this evening is the last one that I will be doing, or at least on a not-so-frequent basis.

But I know it wasn't entirely the fault of today's hectic busy schedule. I should be able to handle a spike of running around like a headless chicken. It was the lack of Chu-time.

Here's hoping people will not get offended when I do not reply. I feel like leaving the phone in the drawer and uninstalling MSN.

Maybe if it gets worse, I'll do that.

Status: Calm/Tired.

No comments: