Thursday, June 12, 2008

2008: The last week of June before work starts piling up

Been rather busy this week.

Aside from the endless seminars that we have to attend...Tuesday. Attempted to have coffee with Lun by the river, curled up with a good book. It failed horribly. We ended up in seats facing the afternoon sun, baking while chatting the afternoon away. So much for wanting to look stylish and educated. Our make-up melted though in Lun's case it could be due to 'oily skin'. But at least our conversations were intellectual ones. In fact I insist.


Here's a hastily-done collage. It's hideous because we didn't take much pictures and these are all the pictures I have of the afternoon. Yeah..a measly 6. (-_-")

Well then 4/6 of the SEC met up. Gan was late. And so the President made a couple of gentle phone calls to sweetly ask where she was, reminding Gan that she stated that she would arrive by 7.15 p.m.


Here's the look of sympathy on JY's face.

..as the four pots sitting quietly in a row tried to kick up their lids...


And JY has been promoted...from member to permanent member of SEC. =D

*throws confetti.

Methinks that the SEC blog needs to be updated.

Anyway that was on Tuesday. Talks of a run came up there and then and a run was organised on Wednesday. We started in the Botanic Gardens, running around in there, weaving through the paths in twilight, Gan, Lun and I.

Gan and I then ran the Bukit Timah stretch. Along the way, somewhere after Sixth Avenue, I couldn't regulate my breath and yelped for Gan to stop. We ran slower and continued on ....until she said.."We're reaching McDonalds..." (or something to that effect). Once I heard the key word "MCDONALDS", I froze. My will instantly vanished.

*POOF !!!

I halted and started walking. I think I shocked Gan. How she shouldn't have told me McDonald's was up front. I started whining about ice-cream..the 50-cent cone !!!!

Gan continued on ahead and then she too stopped. I saw her faint outline in the not-too-far distance and suddenly a horrid thought struck me. Gan may just refuse to let me eat my ice-cream if I do not start running.

And so I started running towards her. Then I told her the horrible thought that crossed my mind and wanted her assurance that we will stop for ice-cream..the 50-cent cone one....

I couldn't see her reaction in the dark but it must have been...... (-_-")

And so she said that we should sprint towards McDonalds, the last 100 metres or so. Yup, I did until the yellow-red sign board overwhelmed me. I stopped before she did.

We had the 50-cent cone icecream which was no longer 50-cents but 60-cents.

ZZZZ....

As Gan refused to take in the air-con, we continued on, cone in hand. We passed by the bus stop outside Pei Hwa Presbytarian Primary and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a girl staring at me. I furrowed my brows at her. I mean what's so weird about eating an ice-cream in PE attire, hot and sweaty?!

...Then it struck me that she was my student...from BBSS...

Ah sheesh....

Oh well.. I walked Gan home and because there was another McDonald's at her place, I had another 60-cent cone. =D

I should also give myself a pat on the back. I ran for 1 hour and 10-ish minutes... Gan said that it was probably about 9 km. I mean running inside Botanic Gardens and then that crazy long 'mentally-shag' straight road?!!!

Not too bad at all for someone who hardly exercises.

I think Gan was rather impressed too. I know because she didn't jibe at me at all, even though I stopped for ice-cream.

So much for my running buddy cum he-who-thinks-he-is-my-trainer. All he managed to condition me for, was for McDonald's.

No comments: