Sunday, January 6, 2008

A back-dated entry of a quiet December afternoon

This entry is quite very back-dated but seeing how I have taken all those pictures, I just have to post them I guess. I did this in December 2007 one day when I was to tag after Gan to work. It turned out that a problem cropped up and so after rushing to lunch with her at AMK, she turned back to work and I spent the day roaming around the city area.

I didn't quite know where to go and initially thought of just hanging around the river or Chinatown to take some pictures. However I passed by SMU and thought that maybe going to the museum wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

When I reached the Singapore Art Museum (SAM), it turned out that there is free entry from 12 pm to 2 pm on weekdays and thus I decided to just save it for another boring day.

In the end, I went to Chijmes.

Walking around was quaint. Nobody was there except for a sprinkling of tourists. After having explored every nook and cranny of the area, I walked around and ended up at Raffles Hotel.


I walked around the hotel too and took pictures here, there, anywhere that caught my interest.

It so happened that they were holding an exhibition. So, I went in to have a look. You can click here to look at her paintings. Although the paintings do not involve much depth and perspectives as do Renaissance paintings which I am fond of, their simplicity and patterns they possess provides the visual texture needed to make them vastly appealing (at least to me). She seemed to have combined the soft approaches together with a flat perspective to create a special environment for me to weave in and out of my reality and the imaginary landscape of the painting's.

Anyway I was quite happy with that afternoon, where I just clicked away and also sat down to have coffee and read. I met up with Gan after and on a whim we decided to catch 'The Golden Compass'.

A quiet day. Every holiday should have at least one. There was also time for me to learn how to do this.

Well... holiday is almost over. Met up with some old friends like Syl and Ah Meng. I did not see them at all in 2007.

There may be certain aspects in my life where I have no say in but I am thankful for the ownership over others, to be able to choose how I want to shape my life even if they do seem rather insignificant......

I am indeed thankful for that.

Life's good right...A time to work, a time to travel, a time to read, a time to meet friends. A time to learn the lessons I have no interest in and a time to learn the things I want to. A time to dream quiet little dreams.

To have time for music, to have time to read, to learn, to contemplate, to see the world.....all these satisfy the larger parts that make up me.

I'm here, I'm sane. That's all that matters. =)

No comments: