Wednesday, January 9, 2008

An '08 concert (Jacky Cheung World Tour '07)

I am still left with Day 1 of Cambodia but I guess I really need to update with the more recent news.

I went for Jacky Cheung's concert on Sunday. I paid $200 for the ticket and believe me, I was waiting to see if he was worth the price. Indeed he did deserve that much...however I think that if there is a next time, I wouldn't mind the cheaper seats..it's enough to just hear him (though there were talks about the acoustics not being good at the back, due to the echos).

So why did I end up with the most expensive ticket? It is because nobody would go with me except for.....Nana (and only the best is good enough for her). Besides, well, forking that amount to see him that close, once in a lifetime was in my opinion, worth it.

His voice broke a few times and I'm not sure if anybody other than me, Nana and her 'laoshi' noticed the little imperfections...however it's not suprising given that it was his 93rd concert of his 2007 world tour, with 3 hours of almost non-stop singing and with all the screaming he had done that night...

In fact at one point he was screaming just for the sake of it...like...

Jacky: *screams...
Crowd: *screams
Jacky: *screams...
Crowd: *screams..
Jacky: *screams...
Crowd: *screams..
.
.
.

You get the idea...however the magnetic quality of his voice pulls you back immediately and you forget about all the minor imperfections...and I supposed I could really go on about how great he was but everybody can imagine how good he really is.. I figured it would probably be an overkill on my side.

So here's pictures...



We sat just 6 rows from the front.

What will I do when they have all stopped singing and I am still here?

Guess there will always be that day where I will listen to all the deemed 'oldies' and remembering how being young felt like.

This wasn't taken by me... I found it while surfing Youtube....

On the way back on cab...I finally truly felt that there was a closure to my 2007.

The year 2007....has came to an end.

Somehow I've closed a gap that I wasn't even aware was present.

I've crossed a chasm to 2008.

God, I hope he continues to sing for as long as possible...

No comments: