Saturday, September 1, 2007

Tomorrow is Teacher's Day.

My first year of teaching and I spent it on work.

My old lappy has been giving me problems. First the USB incident then when it proved to be a false alarm, the keyboard didn't work. After I got an external keyboard, the keyboard worked again. Now it is just choked full with spyware.

Sigh. I wonder why I bother.

On trying to format the horrible lappy, I rummaged through tons of CDs and found everything except the installation CD for Toshiba that I needed. I found a few of my favourite CDs and put on one Bossa Nova CD. I remembered it as 'swinging' and romantic yet it just sounded tired and melancholy as if the songs had to play because they were in bondage. That thought struck me as horribly wrong. Just like what everybody predicted, I am starting to feel drained, as in I can feel the glooms approaching. The funniest thing is, I am not working terribly hard.

I guess its just one of those periods where after the senses get over stimulated, I just want some time to myself, a little enclosed room in the mind with no doors and windows with me, myself and I.

I've taken to reading again. After a few failures with Steven Stephen King, I've decided to give him another shot and borrowed a few books that have been adapted to movies; 'Carrie' and 'Misery'. Suprisingly, they were all right. I managed to get through the first few chapters and continue. It's been barely a week, I am on his third book already. He might be a bad choice for materials before the onset of gloom but if the shoe fits....

I think I'm giving so much energy when in the company of people that I am not radiating any energy when I am by myself. With the lowering of energy levels, I am reducing the amount of time I spent with people or at least feel reluctant when I have to.

I don't feel like orchestra, I don't feel like big gatherings. A small group or individuals is preferable with the inclination towards spending time with myself only.

No comments: