Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wynner's concert

Nana had tickets to Wynner's concert over the weekend, so we went. I picked her up from Kallang MRT and we went off in search for dinner. The area was unbelievably packed. We went from restaurant to restaurant and all they could tell us was that they couldn't give us a table without a reservation. (-_-")

In the end we ended up eating Indian food at Vansh. The lighting makes me look good, as you can tell from the collage of pictures below. HAHA. I think the food was ok but we were in a rush and didn't took the effort to properly savour the food. It tastes ok. However I must admit I am not exactly the most enthusiastic fan of Indian food and so cannot say for sure that I will patronise the restaurant because I am uber in love with the food.


The concert was not exactly exciting for me. They were conversing in Cantonese the entire concert and dialects are so not my thing. I can profess to understand a bit of Hokkien but Cantonese is so out of my league other than the Ngoh Ai Loi (I love you), Ho Mm Ho (How are you guys or literally translated as 'good or not'.
The songs were retro 80's so there were a couple of English songs and one or two Cantonese songs sounded familiar. Anyway just in case anybody is curious, Kenny B still looks freaking hot. Alan Tam has a tummy !!!
Initially I thought that nobody would be THAT enthusiastic but I was wrong. The crowd was quite worked up and I heard that the concert was a success, at least 90% of the tickets were sold out.
Ah well, Nana and I were contemplating a movie after that but I went back to school in the morning to settle some stuff and to see a student so I was pretty tired. We went over to a cinema in Orchard and all they were showing were Hancock, Hellboy2 and Batman plus maybe 1 or 2 other unappealing movie. I was only interested in Batman but the next screening was at 2 a.m. so *shrugs..we went to do a little shopping and I got a big Winnie-the-Pooh cup so I can eat ta-pao food in.
There are other minute details but I'm too lazy to blog about them. It was quite a good weekend I had. So I hope many had one too. :)

No comments: